What Movie or TV show are you watching?

GreyMouser

Journeyed there and back again

Matticus Primal

Yes, for the first time. :woot:

PS. I've modeled many of my RPG characters after the Gray Mouser. :)
Then this will be a vertical line bisecting your personal TV watching timeline as you will forever mark time before you watched Firefly and after. Sort of a BC and AD situation going on.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
You are not alone in this. I will follow your cue...
Have fun! I know I did when I first watched that show.

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot staaaaaand...

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member

GreyMouser

Yes, for the first time. :woot:

PS. I've modeled many of my RPG characters after the Gray Mouser. :)
So have I. :)

He is the ultimate rogue!

Placida

Owns a Ring of Power
I watched the first 4 episodes (of Firefly) over the weekend. It started out slow but by the end of the 2nd episode I was hooked. Malcolm is a great anti-hero. So sad that it was canceled after 1 season.

Matticus Primal

So sad that it was canceled after 1 season.
Not to get all "back in the day" on you, but this show's release/ cancellation was a case study on how to ruin a promising show. For instance, they did not initially release the pilot episodes where they get the team together because (my memory might be suspect here) I believe those were two back to back episodes. Instead they released the train robbery episode and then went back to show how the team got together later.

It was also interrupted quite often with sports, and they moved the night it aired around. This was still back in the early days of the internet, so it was hard to know when exactly it was going to actually be on. So, even though I was a fan, I don't think I saw all the episodes that actually aired until years later when the DVDs came out.

The funny thing about it's cancellation was because it was for low ratings. But since the TV market has now fragmented, most modern shows would kill for the ratings Firefly was canceled for.

Diziet Sma

Hired Nicomo Cosca, famed soldier of fortune
I have watched over the week-end Buried Alive. I never thought I would watch a guy in a coffin, as a sole character, for 1.5 hour. In an unpredictable way, it grabbed my attention…

I watched the first 4 episodes (of Firefly) over the weekend. It started out slow but by the end of the 2nd episode I was hooked. Malcolm is a great anti-hero. So sad that it was canceled after 1 season.
I have watched the first two episodes. Honestly, I'm not sure what to think of it... I'll stick to it though.

Bill Door

Firsthanded the newest Caine adventure
I'm about four episodes through the first season of Marco Polo. I'm still on the fence over whether I like it or not.

Matticus Primal

Thoughts from all you first time Firefly watchers?

I ask because I went to my first comic con in 20 years over the weekend and saw Summer Glau and Adam Baldwin there (didn't pay the $50 to get up close to them though). So it's sort of been on my mind because it was so Baader Meinhof-ish.

Placida

Owns a Ring of Power
I finished the 12 episodes and will be checking out the movie from the local library this weekend. :) I thoroughly enjoyed the series.
I think that Joss Whedon did a terrific job of character development over a short period of time. I know he said he planned the plot for 7 seasons so would have been interesting to see where he went with it.
I found the dialogue to be LOL funny at times. For example, the comments they made while staring at the statue in the episode "Jaynestown".
Some of the episodes were a little uneven, others I loved.
I'd probably give it 4.5/ 5 stars.

I plan on picking up some of the comic books also. Is something new coming out that Summer and Adam were at the comic-con? I know that the group were involved in a net production called "Con Man" Not sure if that has come out yet or not.