Wheel of Time lands with Sony

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by Davis Ashura, Apr 20, 2017 at 2:00 PM.

1. TomTB

TomTB The Master Tweeter Staff Member

Well at least the intro music would be a given ..

2. Peat

Peat Ran bridges next to Kaladin

My point entirely :p

3. Ryan W. Mueller

Ryan W. Mueller Ran bridges next to Kaladin

It's obvious what the theme music should be.

(Though that might be too metal for some people.)

As for the series itself, I hope they don't get the Shannara treatment. I have a fond place in my heart for The Elfstones of Shannara, and I couldn't even make it through one episode of the series. The teenage cheesiness was off the scales. And that's pretty bad when you consider the fact that I enjoy reading a lot of young adult fantasy too.

4. Peat

Peat Ran bridges next to Kaladin

Insufficiently metal. We need to get Kataklysm on the case. Or Bal-Sagoth! Yes.

5. Davis Ashura

Davis Ashura Got in a fistfight with Dresden

Please not the Shannara treatment. I watched the first four episodes and only finished the series off by watching it all in fast forward...as in skipping through to what looked like interesting bits and getting to the end.

6. ExTended

ExTended Ran bridges next to Kaladin

I must admit of having liked the leading actress quite a lot.

I am done with listing what I've liked about the show though. I went about 8 episodes deep in The Shannara Chronicles and in The Magicians tv series as well... and then my YA tropes torelance ran over and I gave my fantasy adoring heart some mercy by stopping with those shows for the time being.

I hope that they wouldn't do that to WoT. Statistically speaking - I am counting on volume here. They couldn't possibly screw all of the Wheel of Time, Kingkiller Chronicles and Mistborn/Stromlight Archive... can they?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Darwin

Darwin Journeyed there and back again

Shannara Chronicles was based on a shit book, and a lot of what I watched was pretty dope for low budget TV.

WoT should make for great TV. I'm tentatively optimistic (admittedly I felt the same before The Magicians came out).

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Derk of Derkholm

Derk of Derkholm Journeyed there and back again

9. Silvion Night

Silvion Night Sir Readalot Staff Member

I'd like to see Mila Kunis as Nyneave. And Kate Hudson as Elayne. How about Emma Stone as Egwene? Hmmmmmm

10. TomTB

TomTB The Master Tweeter Staff Member

I've had to cross my legs.

11. Derk of Derkholm

Derk of Derkholm Journeyed there and back again

Emma Watson as Egwene!

(OK, possibly not a great fit. But I just like Emma Watson)

12. Cyphon

Cyphon Ran bridges next to Kaladin

I can never get excited for these things because nothing will truly ever do the books justice. Will still likely watch it though.