Wheel of Time lands with Sony

ReguIa

Journeyed there and back again
I feel like this is way too much coming from a Wot casting. Calm down or take it up with PMs. Not exactly what I'm looking for when coming to this site..

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
What the hell guys. Just because this forum is pretty much dead doesn't mean there aren't any moderators around.
You are both warned. No politics discussion and no name calling.
This forum is not your own personal soapbox.
I don't want to see any of these posts anymore.

ExTended

Deleting a name-calling sentence from a post I'd understand. Deleting my whole 500-1 000 words posts where I make legit remarks towards politically-ridden articles linked in the thread I don't and won't tolerate.

You've lost yourself a forum poster here. Have a great time in the forum, everyone - it was a pleasure while it lasted.

Darwin

Alucard, I'm sorry for blowing up, and thank you for intervening. You may want to review this thread more carefully, however, as the hateful political commentary began nearly a year ago, on page 3, without admin intervention. Posts from page 3-5 are still up.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Wow. Just wow. I'm troubled by the way in which two (presumably) adult and intelligent people can go off on each other like this. Bizarre.

On topic: has a release date been announced yet? Might want to start looking into an Amazon Prime subscription...

ReguIa

@Silvion Night I recently tried Amazon Prime, it's free for the first 7 days. Definitely not the amount of contend as Netflix but considering the price of EUR 2,99/month it's pretty solid. With Wheel of Time and LotR? as well as Expanse, American Gods, Good Omens, good stuff.

Right now it's probably worth just to watch The Boys. I highly recommend that one!

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
I'm gonna say a very simple thing, if you wanna post here, stick to the forum rules. That's it really. If you can't, so be it. You can find somewhere else to post.
Also I'll scour through this thread later for further deletions if necessary, when I'm free.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
@Silvion Night I recently tried Amazon Prime, it's free for the first 7 days. Definitely not the amount of contend as Netflix but considering the price of EUR 2,99/month it's pretty solid. With Wheel of Time and LotR? as well as Expanse, American Gods, Good Omens, good stuff.

Right now it's probably worth just to watch The Boys. I highly recommend that one!
Thanks, I think I will give it a try!

Darwin

You know how all the way through the series we witness "naive" people who believe that Aes Sedai are servants of the Dark One, presumably because their Power broke the world and also maybe because Hawkwing considered them evil? But then near the end we find out that something like one in five Aes Sedai is actually Black Ajah? It's going to be upsetting to watch the self-righteous Aes Sedai treat these people like shit for a dozen seasons, completely failing to acknowledge the possibility that even one of them is Black Ajah, while we know this.

rudyjuly2

I told one of my co-workers, who does read a lot of different things and fantasy works once in awhile, that the bad "normal" people are called dark friends. He laughed at that name lol. I wonder if they will change anything like that? I kind of hope that stays the same. I really do hope they keep "Light!" and "Blood and bloody ashes!" instead of just normal F bombs and everything.

And Darwin I agree - the Aes Sedai was certainly a massively self-righteous group.

Darwin

What else are they supposed to be called? Shai'tanists? They've got better names too tho. Friends of the Dark (not much better, but still), Atha'an Shadar (People of the Shadow), Shadowrunners, etc.

Jon Snow

No Power in the Verse can stop me
Staff member
Hey guys,

I obviously haven't seen the posts personally but we do have forum rules and our mods help us regulate that.
Remember that we can't see everything and every post, we do our best.
Our mods don't get paid.
Ben and I have had a lot of real life issues to deal with and I'm sorry that we both haven't been here for a while.
Keep it chill. Remember that one person's opinion is just that, opinion.
You can easily just not read, scroll pass.
If something really offends you and you don't think it should be on the forums. Please alert a mod.

Thanks guys

Khartun

Hey guys,

I obviously haven't seen the posts personally but we do have forum rules and our mods help us regulate that.
Remember that we can't see everything and every post, we do our best.
Our mods don't get paid.
Ben and I have had a lot of real life issues to deal with and I'm sorry that we both haven't been here for a while.
Keep it chill. Remember that one person's opinion is just that, opinion.
You can easily just not read, scroll pass.
If something really offends you and you don't think it should be on the forums. Please alert a mod.

Thanks guys
Wow, so this forum hasn't just been left for dead?
Good to hear.

Jon Snow

No Power in the Verse can stop me
Staff member
Wow, so this forum hasn't just been left for dead?
Good to hear.
Yeah, I really want to be here, but my ability to read 2 books a month has really diminished and I am not really keeping up with current books. But I am lurking around =)

Khartun

Yeah, I really want to be here, but my ability to read 2 books a month has really diminished and I am not really keeping up with current books. But I am lurking around =)
Actually, I was referring more to Ben. It's been a year and a half almost since he's been here. I wish he would at least give someone access to fix the email signup so we could get more users. There are few of us left.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Actually, I was referring more to Ben. It's been a year and a half almost since he's been here. I wish he would at least give someone access to fix the email signup so we could get more users. There are few of us left.
DON'T DEAD
OPEN INSIDE

btkong

Staff member
Hey sorry guys, been absent. Been living out of a suitcase for almost two years doing some other projects, so I've been pretty lax monitoring stuff here.

Someone here emailed me about this situation.

Will do an update post, try and update the forum software and give some mod / admin powers so some of you guys can kick/ban idiots that post stuff.

Note, you guys can reach me on my email if needed at btkong AT g mail dot com if you have some emergency with the forum. Been