WORLD CUP THREAD !!

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's almost over! Fingers crossed the Argies pull out a big performance, not that I think it would make too much difference. Looking forward to this one, and agree with you @zaniac70 !! 3-1 to the Germans.

Between the ref putting his whistle away, the missed chances, & liberal physicality, this has all the makings of a PK ending

@FINATIC_95Bravo PSN: ZANIAC-

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well played the Germans. Deserved winners in the end. England should just be able to pull themselves together to provide my son/daughter with a memorable first World Cup in 4 years time :)

Very well deserved victory for Germans. I think your 3 Lions will be in better shape for 2018,if they trust in their U21s & replace the geezers

@FINATIC_95Bravo PSN: ZANIAC-

l3gacy

Dr. Awesomesauce
Staff member
Well, this has been an entertaining month. Netherlands did admirably. Germans were amazing all world cup through.

And using the transitive property, Germany beat Argentina by the same score as Germany beat USA, so USA is second place. Well done, USA! :wacky:

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've just spent 5 mins trying to work out (using the transitive property) how I can possibly make England out to be better than they were, but have reached the conclusion that we were actually shitter than finishing last in our group suggests. Goddamit!

It's been a great WC though, best I can remember for a long time!

Sandman

Has been in the eye of the world
It was indeed a great world cup. Good teams and good matches all the way. I feel bad for the England squad. It is disappointing that each time they come into the World Cup with such promise but don't seem to quite live up to the "great" expectations. On the bright side Rooney finally scored!

Griffin

Journeyed there and back again
I agree with most everybody here. Great world cup. Lots of surprises (Spain, England, Portugal, Costa Rica, Italy). The quarter and semi-finals though were really underwhelming.

Darth Tater

Journeyed there and back again
Agreed. Great World Cup. I was hoping England would do better because I feel bad for a couple of good friends there.

I'm proud of the USA!! I didn't watch one minute of the soccer because I don't like the sport but it certainly caught my interest that I was hoping the USA would do well.

Boo. Hiss. Germany won. I was rooting against them the entire way. (Sorry Germany fans here). Next to Iran I wanted them to lose most of all, lol. But Congratulations anyhow!! In all honesty, I thought the Germans were the best team in the tournament and they definitely deserved it.

Last edited: