WORLD CUP THREAD !!

Derk of Derkholm

Journeyed there and back again
Having lived in Germany for 15+ years, I do hope that they do well in the World cup.

(Nevertheless, unless they should somehow manage to win the thing, the whole country will keep arguing about what the players, the coach, the organizers, the fans and everybody else are doing wrong. Actually, even if they do win. :D)

Best regards,
Andy

l3gacy

Dr. Awesomesauce
Staff member
Well for a start, you call it soccer ..
The word Soccer isn't anywhere in the image though, and all the questions are in regards to England. Do you think people in the states talk about England's football team? I don't even know who any of those people are. All I remember about england from the last world cup is they scored an own goal whilst playing the US (har har)!

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
The word Soccer isn't anywhere in the image though, and all the questions are in regards to England. Do you think people in the states talk about England's football team? I don't even know who any of those people are. All I remember about england from the last world cup is they scored an own goal whilst playing the US (har har)!
I'm not from States and I agree with you 100%. All of the questions on that poster I would answer with I don't know or I don't care. All we talk about is our team. That's already a full time job.

You mean an autogol?
Funny thing that's how Brasil started yesterday. But they've bounced back.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Was only tongue in cheek, just saw it and it made me smile .. no need to take it literally. ;)

Brazil were poor last night - Croatia deserved more out of the game! Shoddy refereeing and diving prima-donna's ruining things already!

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree after that display I really can't see them winning it.
Definitely not .. but then again if they've got enough ref's in their pocket (like last night) they might just pull it off.

Looking forward to Spain Holland tonight ... fingers crossed for a Dutch upset!!

l3gacy

Dr. Awesomesauce
Staff member
Definitely not .. but then again if they've got enough ref's in their pocket (like last night) they might just pull it off.

Looking forward to Spain Holland tonight ... fingers crossed for a Dutch upset!!
Hell yes. 13 minutes to go, hup holland hup!

l3gacy

Dr. Awesomesauce
Staff member
I'm not from States and I agree with you 100%. All of the questions on that poster I would answer with I don't know or I don't care. All we talk about is our team. That's already a full time job.

You mean an autogol?
Funny thing that's how Brasil started yesterday. But they've bounced back.
Yeah, I guess... I suppose different people call it different things. Our TV calls them OG's or own goals where they score on themselves. Mexico Cameroon was a boring second half.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Spain 1-5 Holland

I think it flattered them if I'm being honest. The score line wasn't that reflective at all of the match in general. It suggests they didn't play as well as they did ............. Holland were FAR FAR better than a 4 goal lead .. should've been 6 or 7 !!!

Cracking game! My 2nd team did well. Lets hope my 1st team can do half as well tomorrow night!

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
Well, the Bosnian dragons played well but alas, 2-1 for Argentine in the end. If it wasn't for that unfortunate own goal it would be 1-1.
But I'm really proud of them. One day ago a lot of Brazilians and Argentinians had no clue who we are or where we are from, but we played really nice last night.

Today we have interesting match for us.
Germany-Portugal, should be a blast. I hope Germans kick their ass.
And Iran-Nigeria, two more teams in our group. This will be interesting to watch and see how they play.

I believe Griffin is from Belgium, Tom.

Derk of Derkholm

Awesome game from Holland!

Living in Asia sucks as far as catching the games live is concerned. Midnight / 3 a.m. / 6 a.m.
Nevertheless, want to get the German game tonight, possibly out in a bar with a huge German audience :)

Best regards,
Andy

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Think this is Belgium's best shot at success for a very long time. You've got a good squad, can see you making semi finals, maybe more! You've probably got a fairly easy group as well, can see you winning all group games.

Griffin

Think this is Belgium's best shot at success for a very long time. You've got a good squad, can see you making semi finals, maybe more! You've probably got a fairly easy group as well, can see you winning all group games.
There are a good squad all right, but I'm a bit more pessimistic than that. We haven't really played against tough teams in anticipation of this world cup, so I'm at a wait-and-see phase.