Wrath by John Gwynne

Discussion in '2016 Published Books - Your Rating' started by Khartun, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Khartun

Khartun Journeyed there and back again

I just finished Wrath, the final installment of The Faithful and the Fallen.

Wow, what a conclusion. I love this series.

The series is very tropey but it is done well with a nice twist on a major trope. The one thing I didn't like about the last book was that during the first 200 pages he kept recapping what had happened in the other books. He cleaned that up quite a bit in this one. The battle scenes are done really well and it has great characters. I liked Camlin and Maquin.

There was one thing about this book that I didn't like, seemed a bit deus exy but overall I loved it.

I know @Sneaky Burrito has read it but I didn't see any posts about it. What did you think?

2. Sneaky Burrito

Sneaky Burrito Crazy Cat Lady Staff Member

Overall, I thought it was a good conclusion to the series. Some things were very repetitive. How many times were Camlin and Rafe going to have near misses? Same with Maquin and Lykos. (I did like Camlin and Maquin but felt there should have been fewer scenes dedicated to their rivalries.) Probably too many daring rescue attempts, as well, although I suppose those didn't always go as planned.

Battle scenes were definitely well done. With some authors, I read battle scenes and can't tell what is going on. Here, I could follow them.