YA and fantasy

Noor Al-Shanti

Philosophizes with Kellhus
Funny. I agree. :) GGK is my favorite fantasy author and I still have 3 or 4 books to savor (I space them out over many months so I don't run out) but even so I had no interest in reading Ysabel as it is categorized as YA. I read the plot summary and I'm glad I am skipping it. Had you labeled Waters And The Wild YA I would've passed on it. It never had that feel to me either. Which reminds me to bug you about a sequel in another thread! :p
Lol, yeah, it's not THAT bad, but definitely not on the same level as his other books. And those annoying characters from the Fionavar tapestry come back which didn't help at all. (I really hated Fionavar).

Darth Tater

Journeyed there and back again
Lol, yeah, it's not THAT bad, but definitely not on the same level as his other books. And those annoying characters from the Fionavar tapestry come back which didn't help at all. (I really hated Fionavar).

I really loved Fionovar (except that horrible scene) although I know many people agree with you. I also know which characters appear unless there are more than two? I didn't mean that I thought Ysabel was lousy. It's just that most YA doesn't float my boat. I don't think GGK could write a lousy book. Again, many would say Fionovar. I don't know why The Sarantine Mosaic doesn't get much love. Those books might be number one my PERSONAL favorite top 25. :)