Your favorite characters: which actors would you like to see play them?

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by Darwin, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Darwin

Darwin Journeyed there and back again

Bored, just for fun:

Chris Pratt = Mat Cauthon
    Bruce Willis or Harrison Ford = Hari Michaelson
    Dwayne Johnson = Tul Duru Thunderhead
    Christoph Waltz = Glokta

2. Silvion Night

Silvion Night Sir Readalot Staff Member

Clint Eastwood = Roland Deschain (Dark Tower)

3. Alucard

Alucard In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge! Staff Member

Nice.

As for my absolute favorite character
    Geralt of Rivia - Mads Mikkelsen
    He's got the looks and acting chops, he can pull off subdued exterior, explosive interior kind of character well.

And I would like to see First Law filmed, so naturally I would like to see a good fit for Logen. So either Rufus Sewell (obergruppenf├╝hrer john smith in the man in high castle) or Hugh Jackman.
    For slightly younger Logen, Tom Hardy.

4. Khartun

Khartun Journeyed there and back again

Tom Hardy as Logen would be awesome!

5. Elvira

Elvira Became a Faceless Man

Nice! I have just been introduced to charming Glokta. I don't know yet how this character will develop in the trilogy but Waltz seems a good fit.

6. rudyjuly2

rudyjuly2 Surgebinds with Szeth-son-son-Vallano

A young Jerry O'Connell was my choice for Mat.

Stinking with Wheel of Time I had (at their younger ages for most)
    Moraine = Jane Seymour
    Egwene by Amy Adams
    Other characters I used from an IMDb suggestion. I do find it helps to visualize them to keep track

7. kenubrion

kenubrion Journeyed there and back again

Mitzi Gaynor for Tekela in The Waking Fire.

8. TomTB

TomTB The Master Tweeter Staff Member

Jane Seymour is way too old to play Moiraine.

The thought of Amy Adams playing Egwene has gotten me a little hot under the collar ...

Nynaeve - Mila Kunis.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alucard

Alucard In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge! Staff Member

I'm surprised that's your favorite character. I would have thought it's someone more...established.

10. rudyjuly2

rudyjuly2 Surgebinds with Szeth-son-son-Vallano

I know Jane Seymour today is way too old right now. I'm thinking when she was closer to 30. Sly, smart and pretty.

I don't see Nynaeve good looking enough to be Mila Kunis myself. I may be biased since I'm not a big fan of her character.

Who do you view as Lanfear? I struggled with that. I envisioned Baerlain as Monica Belluci (young version).

I view Perrin as a bigger, stronger Kit Harrington. He has to be a blacksmith and Kit is a bit small.

Morgase is Rosamund Pike. Elayne a younger version.

11. Nuomer1

Nuomer1 A Poet of the Khaiem

My co-author an I occasionally play this game . . . trouble is, he knows far more about the current crop of Hollywood stars that I do.
    We really regret that Brian Blessed is now getting rather mature - we have a character that would have been perfect for him 30 years ago.

12. TomTB

TomTB The Master Tweeter Staff Member

Without meaning this to turn into a WoT perv-fest, I always pictured Nynaeve as being really hot, in a sexy, rather than girl next door pretty, kinda way. Min had the girl next door pretty kinda look going on, Elayne looked like Katherine Jenkins, and Egwene was the more ordinary looking of the female MCs.

I see what you mean regarding Jane Seymour. She was one of my earliest crushes, watching Dr Quinn Medicine Woman as a young easily influenced lad!

And I'm not sure about the other characters ... Lanfear, Baerlain would have to look a bit evil though. Lan would need to be Viggo Mortenson (about the same age as he was in LoTR).

• Like Like x 2